Friday, March 2, 2018

Here's a little present for you, friends! Our newest book preview #tuscany #reading #cooking


Here's a snippet from an upcoming book by Alessandra Benvenuti who combines life with cooking in a totally original way!

"Even those beloved people who have passed away are kept alive by a memory of a particular food, the way it was cooked in the past and how it’s done now. It’s not just about some ingredients mixed in a rational way following a process, it’s an alchemy of love that memory keeps alive with smells and tastes we are able to recreate every time.

"I’ve carefully and jealousy kept gorgeous sets of dishes, silverware, cutlery, crystal glasses from the ‘20s that belonged to my Grandma Lelli and to Aunt Lina that I still use on special occasions with family, friends and my guests at La Maestà. But I’ve also kept simple dishes, wooden or marble rolling pins, tools, pots, lids, some of them fixed by my Grandpa Giorgio, that I still use every day … and every day and every time they bring me back to people I loved.

"Still cooking recipes that my family have always cooked before, it’s like having them beside me, continuing together the long journey of life."



Discover Alessandra Benvenuti here at LA MAESTÀ TOSCANAlocated in the central part of Tuscany. 


No comments:

Post a Comment